We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Sunday, July 10, 2011

PKD Update

I saw a new Nephrologist Tuesday at Baylor in Houston.  Both my husband and I were very excited to finally get away from our small town doctor who quite frankly doesn't seem to care about her patients.  She also owns the local Dialysis Clinic and seems to rush people through her doors.  I should have realized this years ago while observing her treatment of a friend.

Well, I was VERY pleased with the knowledge that Dr. Raghavan had about my particular kidney disease.
I learned, after a same day Cat Scan, that my kidneys weigh 12 pounds!!  No wonder I can't get ANY relief from the constant lower back pain.  Also, we learned that there is a rather large cyst on the right kidney that is causing the sharp stabbing pain.  We have made the decision to go ahead and drain this cyst with the hope of gaining some temporary relief.  Our son, Nicholas, had the procedure done several years back and has experienced great pain reduction. Nicholas said it was extremely painful for about four days and after that....all was well!!  I expect a call early this week with the appointment.  Dr. Raghavan also made some adjustment to my blood pressure medicine. This will take some getting used to but I think it will be worth it in the end.



Thankful for both Spiritual and Physical healing, both of which take time :~))

No comments: